
After getting everything moved into our room, we started making our way towards the bus stop.
Cooper had some money that he really needed to spend :-) so we stopped by the gift shop and he found a new friend.
Claudia and Daddy are getting ready to hit their favorite rides.
Soon we were inside the gate at the Magic Kingdom. I was so happy we could come while the Christmas decorations were still up. In typical Disney style, they did not disappoint!
Our first stop was to see Tigger and Pooh who were hanging out on Candy Cane Lane. Loved this sign counting down to Christmas, 2012. Loved the decorations, what do I not love about Disney?
Heading towards Main Street, USA...
The garland was suspended high above Main Street sweeping from side to side. It was full of fruit and ribbon. It was so pretty during the day and even more so at night.
Our traditional picture on Main Street. If I do not make us stop and get this shot on our first day right when we head down Main St., I won't ever get it.
Ahhh, finally I bestowed the castle in my sight and all was well with my world. The castle is my very favorite landmark at WDW...
We threw in something new this trip and made appointments for Chad and Cooper to get their haricut at the Magic Kingdom Barber Shop. Cooper was reluctant but ended up enjoying the experience. He got pirate dust in his hair and that made him very happy. Claudia did not want anything done to hers so she just sat back and took in the action.
Chad and Claudia soon headed to their favorite rides while Cooper and I plotted our plan of attack. We ran into one of the talking trash cans and he was amazed. All of the little boys around thought it was so cool.

Cooper's pirate dust glistened in the sunlight and he would have me check it over and over to be sure it was still there.
It finally came time for Cooper's favorite part of Magic Kingdom, the Dream Along with Mickey show at the castle. He loves to watch this show and we see it at least 2x each day we are at MK. I love it too so that is just fine with me.
Disney knows how to make every minute magical...
At the end of the show, Cooper snapped this picture of me. He is getting pretty good at using my camera, though it makes my heart skip a beat to hand it to him!
Waiting for the parade...
Another Disney classic that we must take in...
Waiting to see Mickey and Minnie is usually a LONG wait unless you go right after the parade leaves the town square. I learned this trick last year so Cooper and I watched the parade on the front end and then went straight to see Mickey and Minnie. Cooper is peeking in at another family during their meet/greet while we wait.
Mickey immediately spotted Cooper's shirt and had them all pose to match.
Sadly, Claudia and Chad didn't watch the parade with us so they were not along when we saw these two sweeties.
He loves the Indian on Main Street and always wants a picture made with him...
I was so excited for dusk to descend because I couldn't wait to see the castle all lit up in person. I have looked at Amy's pictures over and over but there is still nothing like seeing it for yourself. It was breathtaking...
I could (actually do) take tons of pictures of the castle from all different angles. It is so amazing to me.
Just looking at this picture makes me already wish for our next trip.
Love all of the holiday touches still adorning the Magic Kingdom.
It was cold most of this trip but we bundled up and had the best time. I'd rather have the cold than the hot any day so I loved it.
Riding the carousel. I reminded the kids this was our very first ride ever at Disney on our first trip. I always think of that when we ride.
My pictures do not do the lights justice. They are so beautiful...
We had dinner below at Tony's. I was worried about this meal because we'd never been there but I was not disappointed. Our food was wonderful and we had a great time. I knew we wouldn't want to leave MK on our first day for dinner so I wanted to eat in the park. I really wanted to eat at the castle but it was booked solid for our entire trip. We ate there on our very first visit to MK and have never done it again. Cooper doesn't even remember being inside. Oh well, maybe next time...
After dinner, it was time for the Main Street Electrical Parade. We also have not done this since our first year. We always take the parade time to enjoy the rides. Claudia and Chad had fast passes to use but Cooper and I found a spot outside of Tony's to watch.
After the parade, Cooper and I used our fast passes and then met Claudia and Chad in Tomorrowland for speedway action. To protect my back, I stayed off most rides this trip so I sat back and took in the amazing "Wishes" fireworks display.
We made a stop by Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger and then started making our way back to our resort.
I took a few pictures on our way out of the window displays.
We had a magical first day at the Magic Kingdom. Every first day should be spent at the Magic Kingdom, in my opinion. It is the most wonderful way to start a Disney trip. We left very tired but so happy to have enjoyed a great first day.








































































No comments:
Post a Comment