December 20, 2009

A Christmas Cottage

This afternoon we went to visit Chad's aunt. She lives in a small house that is just like a cottage to me. It is cozy and full of love and I adore just sitting in her den and chatting for hours. Now, I love me some Christmas decorations...but I have NOTHING on Doris! This lady goes all out. She decorates every single area and it is all so pretty. I love to go there at Christmas and see her little cottage transformed into a Christmas wonderland. Today I was asking her if she had looked at my pics of my decorations on here. Doris is one of my faithful followers. (See girl, I told you you would be the next post!) While we were discussing that, I remembered that I had my camera in the car. I ran out and starting snapping pics so I could share just how precious it all is and so you can appreciate how many hours of work she must put into this. Doris, I love you so much. You are such a blessing to me. I'm so glad I married your nephew! You and Carolyn were just bonus prizes!
Look! She even swaps out her pictures on the wall! BEAUTIFUL!


Chad and his mom getting very sleepy in the cozy den!
Her bed is home to the cutest pillow!



SEE!!! Dear Santa, Please bring me a man made of DOUGH!



She had bought goodies for the kids.

Her dining room.

Another shot looking through to the den.


Her kitchen is gingerbread lane! It is just yummy in there!
Christmas in the bathroom.




I love this snowman with his scarf.

Another shot of her tree. I could not get a shot to do it justice with the sun pouring in. I also forgot to get a picture of the beautiful garland above her windows and the mirror.

Oh wait, you can see some of the garland in the background here above the mirror. Claudia posing with Doris and Roxy. Claudia used to be terrified of Roxy.
Doris, the visit was lovely. I'm so glad we came. Next time we just have to cut it a bit shorter so we don't miss the carousel! I am so thankful you are ours. Your house is full of Christmas charm and magic. Thanks for sharing it with us and thanks for baking cookies for Cooper and then letting him have the whole plate to bring home. You made his day! Thanks CAmerle, you are greatly loved!

No comments: